2021 CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Basket Program Receive weekly shares of fresh, local produce grown without herbicides or pesticides!
Why sign up?
- Enjoy 10 % off our regular market prices.
- Reserve a selection of the harvest.
- Worry free vacation weeks! Can't make a pick-up? Let us know 24 hrs in advance and we'll make alternate arrangements (see basket form for options).
- Directly support young farmers. By becoming a basket member, you give us the financial boost we need in the winter to purchasematerials for infrastructure, seeds, compost, potting soil and other early season items. It also helps us plan how much to plant, and later, how much to harvest.
How does it work?
- You purchase a share (or double share) and we reserve a portion of our harvest for you.
- Our program runs for 17 weeks. Thursdays June 17 - October 14 or Saturdays June 19 - October 16
Each share costs $400 ($444 credit, 10% savings). ($800 for a double share, $888 credit) What's in a basket?
We produce 30 different kinds of vegetables (over 100 varieties!). Baskets will be selected to offer you a wide variety of vegetables, all grown by us. Contents will vary seasonally.
*New in 2021*
(optional) Customizable baskets!
This year, we will be using a credit system to help provide more choice in your baskets.
Want more of something? Use your credit to pull it from the market table!* Don't like something in the basket? Either swap it with something from the market table*, or leave it behind and keep the credit for later in the year! *market table swaps will be available on a first come, first served basis, as quantities allow. Max 2 discarded items per week. If you have more than two types of vegetables that you do not like, we encourage you to support us at market rather than sign up for a basket.
Yes, you can choose to use your credit to add our flowers to your baskets!
If you use all of your credit early, you will have the option to purchase a credit add on. Talk to Chloé for more details as the season unfolds. Unspent credit cannot be carried forward to 2022. Just want to grab and go?
We know some people are happy without choice or don't like to make decisions on the spot. That's ok! We'll have a farmer's pick basket built and ready to go for fast and easy transfer.
We do our best to be consistent in basket size, however, you can expect your baskets to be smaller in the spring and fall when growing conditions are less predictable, and larger in the peak of the summer when abundance tends to be high.
The 6 photos below are examples of the typical size of our baskets.